Thursday, June 18, 2015

Romeo & Juliet Post Performance Reflection

Romeo was the character I portrayed in the class play of Romeo and Juliet. As I read the play at home and in class, I constantly noticed Romeo’s desire and desperateness for a society that accepts his love for Juliet. In my scene: act 5, scene 3, lines 1 through 70, he is on his way to pay his respects to, and die alongside Juliet in the Capulet Tomb. In my performance, I tried to show the unmerciful level of desperation in Romeo because he has lost his entire life or so he thought. He was banished from Verona, and Juliet had died. I feel that I did well myself, the show had a few hiccups from cutting each other off, or forgotten lines. At times it was a bit of a struggle to work with group members but we pushed past it and we had a great show which I enjoyed taking part of. In my performance, I would have liked to improve my emotion and when I get to high angry points, keep it angry instead of bringing it back down to calm talking. Thus making it more authentic and believable. I really enjoyed this Shakespeare unit. It will definitely help me in high school by improving my language maturity. He has used words that I have never even heard of: inexorable, hither, and umbrage, to name a few. This new understanding of words and their origins can teach me the background of a more unique and different set of words. I look forward to learn new words from different titles of his. William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment